This Chicken Wings recipe is easy to make. It starts with wings dabbed dry and dusted with a flour mixture. The wings are baked until crisp, we love making chicken wings in the oven. A little sweetness and lots of ginger and garlic make these honey garlic chicken wings hard to resist!
When you order chicken wings at a restaurant, they deep fry them. It’s so much better to make chicken wings in the oven at home!
Chicken wings in the oven come out every bit as crispy and a whole lot less greasy. Plus, you don’t have all the oil spatter or cleanup to worry about. Just toss the parchment paper and foil when you’re done.
The secret to making homemade chicken wings crispy:
- Dab them dry them thoroughly with paper towels before coating them with the flour
- Ensure the flour is just a dusting (not clumped or thick)
- Make sure your oven is good and hot before popping them in so the skin will crisp up quickly
You can use any kind of chicken wing sauce for this recipe from Buffalo Sauce to simply salt and pepper. In this chicken wing recipe, a simple homemade sweet and sour sauce is baked until delicious and sticky.
For this wing sauce, I pump up the volume by adding extra garlic and ginger. The result is a perfectly heavenly combination of sweet, salty and meaty umami flavours.
The trick to the best wing sauce is making sure it’s thickened so it sticks to the wings.
- Combine the wing sauce ingredients in a small saucepan
- Simmer until thickened, the sauce should coat the back of a spoon
- Use a foil-lined pan (easy clean up) topped with parchment paper (so the wings don’t stick)
- Allow the wings to bake/caramelize
- Cool 10 minutes before serving which will help the sauce to thicken further
Honey garlic chicken wings are perfect as party wings. Serve them with a veggie plate containing celery sticks, broccoli florets and a variety of dipping sauces. Ranch dressing or your favourite blue cheese dressings are easy dips.
Source: Spend with Pennies - https://www.spendwithpennies.com/honey-garlic-wings-oven-baked/